Everything You Need to Know About Cooling Coils & Assemblies
April 28, 2023
Cooling coils and assemblies are essential components in many industrial processes, HVAC systems, and refrigeration units. These components help to regulate temperature and maintain stable operating conditions, which play a key part in the efficiency, performance, and quality of critical systems. In this blog, we’ll take a closer look at what cooling coils and assemblies are, how they’re made, and why they’re so important.
What are Cooling Coils & Assemblies?
Cooling coils and assemblies are used to transfer heat from one medium to another, typically from a hot fluid or gas to a cooler fluid or gas. They consist of a network of tubes or fins that are designed to remove heat, along with a series of connections and fittings to facilitate the flow of various substances, such as steam, chilled or hot water, gases, and refrigerants. Depending on the application, cooling coils may be made from a variety of materials, including copper, steel, and stainless steel.
Industrial cooling coils can take many forms. There are heat exchanger coils for cooling and heating, cooling loops and lines for cooling generators, heat recovery coils for energy recovery applications, and condenser and evaporator coils and lines for air conditioning units and refrigeration units, and more. The type of cooling coil assembly you require will depend on the unique requirements of your application.
Advantages of Cooling Coils in Industrial Applications
Cooling coils offer several advantages in industrial applications, including:
- Water saving: Cooling coils use a closed loop system to transfer liquids, which are reused continuously, resulting in significant water savings compared to traditional cooling methods.
- Power saving: Due to their large surface area, cooling coils are able to dissipate heat quickly, allowing for greater efficiency and lower power consumption.
- Low noise: Cooling coils are designed to operate with minimal noise, making them a preferred choice for applications where noise levels need to be kept to a minimum.
- Low operating costs: With lower energy and water usage, cooling coils can help significantly reduce operating costs.
- Small footprint: Cooling coils take up less space than traditional cooling equipment, making them ideal for use in a variety of different environments.
- Easy installation: Cooling coils are easily installed, making them a convenient choice for customers who need to install or replace their cooling systems quickly and efficiently
- Long service life: Made from durable materials, cooling coils are designed to last for several years
Cooling Coils & Assemblies for Heat Exchange Systems
Cooling coils and assemblies are essential in air HVAC systems, air conditioning systems, refrigeration systems, and more. These components play a critical role in maintaining temperature control and prevent damage caused by overheating in a variety of applications, including:
- Make-up air preheating
- Vapor condensing
- Process drying
- Freeze drying
- Heat treatment
- Process cooling
- Area heating
- Heat recovery
- Area cooling
- Heat dumps
Rely on Triad Products for High Quality Custom Bent Cooling Coils & Assemblies
Triad Products Corp has supported a variety of industries with custom bent cooling coils for over 45 years. We offer turnkey services from design and engineering to fabrication and assembly, helping you every step of the way. Many of our OEM customers choose Triad because of our multiple manufacturing capabilities, value-added services, and versatility when working with different materials. We produce custom metal coils and assemblies to meet our clients’ exact specifications, producing mid-size runs with quantities in the hundreds or thousands.
Contact us today to get started.
Copper Cooling Loop. A 1/8” copper tube bent into a cooling loop, used to cool an industrial instrument.
Steel Cooling Coil. A ¼ ” OD steel tubing, custom bent into a circular cooling coil, used to reduce the temperature of freshly cast parts.