3003 Aluminum Tube Bending
With good corrosion-resistance and moderate strength, 3003 aluminum tubing is the preferable choice for a wide range of industrial and commercial components. Ideal for gas lines, 3003 aluminum is a popular aluminum alloy for tubing applications.
Triad can build custom 3003 aluminum tubing components that meet your specifications. With specialization in medium tubing production runs from 100 to 1,000, we can manufacture OEM components that are built to perform and last.
Aluminum 3003 Tubing Characteristics
Characteristics of aluminum 3003 tubing are:
- Corrosion resistant
- Ability to be spun
- Work hardened/non-heat-treatable
- Thermally conductive
Differences between 3003 Aluminum and 6061 Aluminum
3003 aluminum and 6061 aluminum are both good for general fabrication uses, differences in alloy properties include:
- 3003 aluminum has better formability than 6061 aluminum
- 3003 aluminum has better weldability than 6061 aluminum
- 3003 aluminum has good corrosion resistance where 6061 aluminum has excellent corrosion resistance
- 3003 is not heat-treatable whereas 6061 aluminum is heat-treatable
Differences between 3003 Aluminum and 6063 Aluminum
While both aluminum 3003 and aluminum 6063 have moderate strength, some differentiators include:
- Aluminum 3003 has moderate strength where aluminum 6063 skews moderate to high strength
- Aluminum 3003 cannot be heat-treated. Aluminum 6063 is heat-treatable
- Aluminum 3003 has better workability than aluminum 6063
- Aluminum 3003 has better weldability than aluminum 6063
3003 Aluminum Tubing Applications
Applications that benefit from 3003 aluminum tubing include the following:
- Aerospace components
- Metal product fabrication
- Chemical handling equipment
- Appliance components
- HVAC systems
- Oil and gas lines and fuel tanks
- Architectural applications
Advantages of Custom 3003 Tube Bending with Triad
With over 43 years of tube bending experience, Triad specializes in medium production runs in the 100s to 1000s. We work with OEMs across many industries, creating innovative custom components. Our quality standards include compliance with MIL-I-45208A and Kanban programs are available upon request.
Our diverse capabilities include secondary and finishing services. We can braze, weld, fabricate, and finish your 3003 aluminum components.
Aluminum Tubing Gallery
Check out our aluminum tube bending gallery and learn more about our aluminum tubing capabilities.
Discuss Your 3003 Aluminum Tubing Project with Us
Start a 3003 aluminum tube bending project with us. Request a quote and get the custom-manufactured aluminum components you need today.